Thursday, September 29, 2011

juliet13689@gmail.com

After Knitting Rest Swatch

by Marjorie J McDonald

You aren't alone. The swatch you knit for your gauge does better if it rests 24 hours. A bit longer than our bodies need, but none the less it is vital.

Some yarns are far more persnickety than others so learn your yarns and record notes. Little more exasperating than desiring to wear something new to your scheduled event tomorrow and learning that your yarn is not going to cooperate with you.

You aren't fooling me, I know you are knitting something today for wearing tomorrow. That's just the creative side of us desiring to have something fun and new for those meetings that are coming up.

When I was younger staying up all night was not a problem for me but now a days I am not as pumped up about the night shift to have something to wear by morning, at least not as frequently as I used to do.

A bit of planning and I usually can make my completion date and time simply. As well as have the <a href="http://knittingtofit.com">knit fit</a> well.

Yarn study, yarn rest time and how to care for your new knits should be at the very top of your urgency list. Those yarns that do not fit into your wardrobe desires for events and care necessities need to find new homes so you stop fussing about having them in your yarn closet. Wishing they are different than they are won't make them change their spots (or characteristics).

Remember the yarn needs to be knit in the pattern you need to use for the final knit so you know exactly what you are getting ahead. That way any issues with the yarn will appear early on and not at the very end when you are walking out the door or just prepared to walk out the door.

Occasionally the yarns will surprise us. I call those yarns sleeper yarns. I have had only a low group of them over the years because I am really conscientious in testing so if I ship I know my stores and their clientele will be ecstatic.

One especially humorous item was a dress that keep growing longer in the skirt over the day. Talk about wearing something to the office and then having a change of wardrobe for going out to dinner. It was the perfect example of one of those wardrobe changes without needing to even change the dress. I was the only one who knew and I thought that it was funny. Of course that yarn never made the production line.

I still have it in my wardrobe today and wear it when I need a change with no need to change clothes. Over the years I know just how long it'll take to grow out my skirt. It is still just as funny today as it was all of those years ago. I keep it because it makes me laugh when I need a little bit of humor in my life.

I'm sure that you have stories too! Let's keep on collecting them. The more stories you have got the more smashing knit items you will have coming off your knitting machines.

Marjorie J McDonald is a <a href="http://thefoxyknitterscloset.com">knitwear designer</a> and has designed sold knits and taught students for years. She has taught her students how to correctly fit knits so their finished knits were fabulous and they were pleased with the finished fit of the sweaters. You can not let yarn spoil your knit projects so <a href="http://knittingcolor.com">knit with color</a> and enjoy your yarns.

---------------------------------------------------
You are receiving this because you signed up for it on 2011-08-23 from IP
To fine-tune your selection of which articles to receive, just login here:

http://www.uniquearticlewizard.com/bloggers/

using your username:

To unsubscribe please use the following link:

http://www.uniquearticlewizard.com/unsubscribe.php?mail=kidloveme.huyen@blogger.com&code=b83952f8ca040e326c958cbc4b8fd96e
---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------
New Unique Article!

Title: After Knitting Rest Swatch
Author: Marjorie J McDonald
Email: dirasu.678786.0@articlesamurai.com
Keywords: Hand Knitting,Machine Knitting,How To Knit,Learn How To Knit,Knit Sweaters,Designer Knit Sweaters
Word Count: 532
Category: Hobbies
---------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment